Swimming with the Razorfishes

Friday, November 07, 2003

I have a question for the photo-geeks in the audience. I'd like to get a fast wide angle / normal lens for my 10D. I'm looking at three lenses:



First, I'm wondering about the practical difference in quality between the EF and L series quality on the 35MM lens. The jump in price from $250 to $1100 is substantial; I'm wondering if there is a commensurate (i.e.4x) jump in image quality.

Second, what about that 50MM lens? Why is there no L series 50MM? This is the one I'm tempted to get, but first I'd like to know some more about the quality of this lens, both image and construction. Pointers to online materials are welcome.

[Update: I'd also be interested in suggestions for similar lenses from other manufacturers. I'm not married to Canon lenses]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home