Swimming with the Razorfishes

Monday, December 15, 2003

I'm not going back to work for a couple of weeks. Knowing that every time I do this without having some traveling planned, I sink deep into lethargy and get sick, I thought I'd give myself a schedule.

Priority number one this week is christmas shopping, but that won't fill up the whole day. I need some kind of project to occupy my mind. Because we've been doing a little interviewing at work, I'm thinking about stuff surrounding candidate evaluation.

The big idea: a technical interview quiz application.

Earth-shattering, I know. Also things like this already exist, but this is an exercise. So this week I'll be putting together something we can use at work to administer the multiple choice and long-answer quizzes given to candidates.

Finally, the schedule:

  1. Monday
    • Christmas shopping
    • Clean bedroom
    • Use cases and logical model for quiz app
  2. Tuesday
    • Christmas shopping
    • Clean bathroom
    • Schema design and tool selection for quiz app
  3. Wednesday
    • Christmas shopping
    • Clean kitchen
    • Schema implementation, DA layer, and UI mock-ups for quiz app
  4. Thursday
    • Christmas shopping
    • Clean living room
    • Buy backdrops for still lifes
    • Delegate layer for quiz app
  5. Friday
    • Christmas shopping
    • Buy wrapping paper
    • Front end for quiz app

Exciting week, I know. Hopefully I'll be done with the shopping business by Friday so I can enjoy some holiday stuff. I have some interesting ideas for the quiz app. I'll talk more about that later in the day when I post use cases and an initial design.

Great fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home