Swimming with the Razorfishes

Saturday, January 10, 2004

I just received this e-mail:

From: <chris shearn>
Message-ID: <54.203e53c5.2d3204fb@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 20:46:35 EST
Subject: re: you're chris shearn gay picture
To: <me>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="part1_54.203e53c5.2d3204fb_boundary"
X-Mailer: 8.0 for Windows sub 6024
Status:

I am Chris Shearn and I don't know which Chris you were talking about...but I am contacting my attorney and you will be hearing from me very soon.



Entirely random.

I thought it was spam, and almost deleted it. But that name, Chris Shearn, sounded so familiar. Then it hit me.

Chris Shearn, Brooklyn Bridge.

Someone wrote "Chris Shearn is gay" on the Brooklyn Bridge, and I photographed it. Well, if this Chris Shearn does get his attorney involved, I hope he directs his crack legal team's efforts at locating whoever actually wrote on the bridge. Who knows how many thousands of people have noticed this little bit of graffiti? What a devastating bit of slander.

Ok, time to go out and get some dinner. I hope Mr. Shearn's lawyer hasn't already had a warrant issued for my arrest. I'd hate to be dragged out of the restaurant in the middle of a meal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home