Swimming with the Razorfishes

Thursday, January 08, 2004

Rumors regarding Canon digital SLRs are picking up. Canon may be trying to clear the distribution channel of its 1Ds and 10D models before rolling out new models.

I'm super-happy with my 10D, and wouldn't want to upgrade it should Canon just up the resolution. I'd be tempted to upgrade if the 10D replacement got a full-frame sensor.

But I'd be really tempted to go through the pain of selling the 10D and getting a replacement if Canon introduced a similarly-priced model with a real spot meter. Preferably a 1% spot, but even something like the 2% meter in the EOS 3 would be tempting.

If I had to guess, I'd expect resolution upgrades to the 1Ds and a slightly-higher resolution full-frame sensor on the 10D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home