Swimming with the Razorfishes

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Mr. Schieffer: Mr. President I want to go back to something Senator Kerry said earlier tonight and ask a follow-up of my own. He said, and this will be a new question to you, he said that you had never said whether you would like to overturn Roe v. Wade. So I'd ask you directly would you like to?

Mr. Bush: What he's asking me is will I have a litmus test for my judges. And the answer is no, I will not have a litmus test. I will pick judges who will interpret the Constitution. But I'll have no litmus tests.

I simply don't understand how my fellow Americans would consider electing a man who will not answer a yes-no question. A man who won't clearly state his intentions. This baffles me.

I also wish the press had the balls to call the President on his behavior, or to keep asking for an answer until they get one.

He didn't ask you about a litmus test, Mr. President. He asked you about Roe v. Wade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home