Swimming with the Razorfishes

Thursday, January 06, 2005

OK. I think I've decided on two disks. The first is studio; the second is live-ish.

Volume 1

Manic Depression
Love Or Confusion
I Don't Live Today
If 6 Was 9
Crosstown Traffic
Foxy Lady
Spanish Castle Magic
Angel
Waterfall
Are You Experienced?
Wait Until Tomorrow
Little Wing
Castles Made Of Sand
The Wind Cries Mary
Purple Haze
Hey Joe
Bold As Love

Volume II

Introducing The Experience (BBC Radio banter)
The Burning Of The Midnight Lamp
Machine Gun
Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window?
Rhythm And Blues World Service (BBC Radio banter)
(I'm Your) Hoochie Coochie Man
Changes
Stone Free
Driving South
Hear My Train A Comin'
Killing Floor
I Was Made To Love Her
Hey Joe
National Anthem

4 Comments:

  • Given that it's Hendrix and pretty much any random selection will be great, these actually manage to be a relatively crappy selection. First and foremost, you're missing his two greatest studio recordings, "All Along the Watchtower" and "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)," both from the superior Electric Ladyland. And you include way too much from his weaker second album, Axis: Bold As Love.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:56 AM  

  • Anonymous commenters are always so bold.

    The whole selection is bad because those two songs aren't on the list?

    By Blogger Eric Hancock, at 9:07 AM  

  • Are You Experienced?

    - Purple Haze
    - Manic Depression
    - Hey Joe
    - The Wind Cries Mary
    - Fire
    - Foxey Lady
    - Are You Experienced?
    - Red House

    Gold.

    -- Chris

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:45 PM  

  • Sorry--I couldn't find my password and didn't want to re-register. It is I, Morgan.

    I do think those two songs are pretty big ommissions. But also, I've always had a pretty a low tolerance for Hendrix's more indulgent, less fierce songs, like "If 6 Was 9," "Spanish Castle Magic," and other songs that tend to appear on Axis: Bold As Love. And if you're going to be including live songs, you really need "Wild Thing" and his version of "Like A Rolling Stone" from Monterey Pop.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home