Swimming with the Razorfishes

Friday, June 10, 2005

Back from vacation. I'm in that ambivalent state where I'm happy to be back in familiar surroundings, but sad to be away from responsibility-free vacation time. One upside is that sitting in the office has a kind of novelty this afternoon. Soon to wear off, I'm certain.

At the risk of sounding like one of those hipsters who says he just hates Los Angeles, Rome, Florence, and Venice were just crawling with American tourists, and American tourists really seem to bother me.

Those most annoying seem to stand out. To a fault, obese, elastic waist pants-suits covering their ham-like buttocks. That, or dressed in a ratty tee shirt and shorts, a baseball cap covering their cheap, Super Cuts hair. Often loud.

Also, I immediately hate anyone boarding a train with a sack of food from McDonalds.

I'm sorry, but it really bothers me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home