Swimming with the Razorfishes

Monday, August 22, 2005

Canon officially announced the 5D. I want one.

Some interesting tidbits:

  • It is just-barely-not full frame: 35.8 x 23.9
  • Its spot meter is a 3.5% circle
  • It has a 2.5" rear LCD
  • The RAW buffer should hold 17 shots (60 JPEG)

It looks like it might be based on the EOS 3 body, but I'm not sure. [Now that I'm looking at the 5D, it looks closer to a 1V than the EOS 3] I'm really curious to see how loud the shutter is. Did I mention that I want one?

Also very interesting, the rumors about the 24-105mm f/4L IS were true. This is an excellent street lens, with the image stabilization more than making up for the f/4 maximum aperture. I'd wait to see some lens tests before getting this one, though.

Canon's site lists September availablility for the lens, and October availability for the 5D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home