Swimming with the Razorfishes

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Here is an idea.

One of the reasons I like walking around with an iPod is that my world suddenly has a sound track. Sometimes I want to hear the street noise, but sometimes I want music.

But wearing an iPod is kind of antisocial. You end up in your own world.

Wouldn't it be fun if iPods broadcast their signal over Bluetooth, so that anyone within 30 feet could "tune in" to your station? I think I'd like that. I imagine a crowd forming on the sidewalk, following behind the person with the best mix playing. Could also be a mini social network kind of thing. The listening person could have a way to signal back to the "broadcaster" with a VCard, saying, "nice mix" or something like that.

Is this stupid?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home