Swimming with the Razorfishes

Monday, February 06, 2006

Hoax

"I participated in a hoax on the American people, the international community and the United Nations Security Council. How do you think that makes me feel? Thirty-one years in the United States Army and I more or less end my career with that kind of a blot on my record? That's not a very comforting thing."

I'm glad this new information is surfacing, but, respectfully, this is way past a hoax.

And this is one of the things that just kills me about the last six years.

There are so many people like Lawrence Wilkerson, both in and out of the military, people who worked their whole careers in service to the country, who are now painted by this broad brush of "intelligence failure." So many people who make personal sacrifices, who pass up lucrative private sector jobs, who do their best to walk the many fine lines in the intelligence business. They are all, to an extent, brought down by a small number of ideologues who have the ear of the President and Vice President.

What we have done is a shameful disservice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home