Swimming with the Razorfishes

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Al

Wierd Al makes more from CDs than iTunes downloads:

"I am extremely grateful for your support, no matter which format you choose to legally obtain my music in, so you should do whatever makes the most sense for you personally. But since you ASKED… I actually do get significantly more money from CD sales, as opposed to downloads. This is the one thing about my renegotiated record contract that never made much sense to me. It costs the label NOTHING for somebody to download an album (no manufacturing costs, shipping, or really any overhead of any kind) and yet the artist (me) winds up making less from it. Go figure."

This surprises me for two reasons:

  1. I thought Weird Al was dead.
  2. I can't believe that people buy his music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home