Swimming with the Razorfishes

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I live in a shithole, post industrial yuppified neighborhood. The streets are rather narrow, some cobblestoned, and always packed with parked cars. That is just to set the scene; no comments necessary.

As I got out of a cab in front of my building, a cop was trying to help a tractor trailer back up and the corner. On a good day, it is difficult for a tractor trailer to navigate these streets going forward.

So I'm up here in my apartment, eating a burrito, watching TV. I can hear the cop yelling instructions, followed by some truck noise. Then more instructions, then more truck noise. Then I hear yelling. Then crunching. Then more truck noise, and then more crunching noises.

Good fun. This is my evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home