Swimming with the Razorfishes

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Drive

My primary computer is a Macbook Pro. It is a couple of years old now, so the largest hard drive that I could get at the time was 160 gig. Space has been tight on that laptop for some time, so I thought I'd have some fun last night installing a larger one.

Good God -- Apple did everything to make it difficult to change the drive short of adding booby traps. And I'm not entirely sure the SATA cable path isn't a booby trap.

There are easily two dozen screws to remove in order to get at the drive, in addition to a case that needs to be carefully but forcefully pried apart.

Given that it is entirely common to replace hard drives and RAM, this is fucking insane! Apple, upgradability is an aspect of design, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home