Swimming with the Razorfishes

Wednesday, December 17, 2003

So you read, do you?

Once a month, some friends and I get together to talk about a book. I don't know how it started; I've been doing it for two or three years now. Maybe it is because we work a block away from the Algonquin, and wanted to invoke the spirits of the round table. Maybe it is because we are a bunch of geeks.

Regardless of the root cause, we're on for another year. And because we are a little more obsessive-compulsive than the norm, we pick the year's list of books all at once. Last year's theme was something like "wow, I really should have read this in college." This year's theme is something like "hips and boobs required." I'm sure one of my co-conspirators will come up with a better tag line. And I'm sure I just offended someone.

Yup, twelve months of grrl writers and witty, snarky discussion peppered with self-deprecating humor. And you are welcome to join us, if you are in the New York area. Really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home