Swimming with the Razorfishes

Monday, April 19, 2004

I received this in my in-box:

Hey whats cracken,

My dad has this really beat up cheverolet truck in our yard that really needs to be pimped. He's one of those old school type and he needs an upgrade. I was hoping that you could pimp his ride. PLEASE give me all the info I will need to enter him into the contest. I would like to win this for him for his up coming birthday on July 19. It will be the best birthday present that he has ever recieved form me. I wouldnt have to go out and buy him one of those wack ties or watches I always get him. Hes trying really hard right now to get his RN license so my family and I can have a better life and by him getting his ride pimped Im sure its a way I can say thank you for all of your hard work.

Thank you for taking the time to read my e-mail and take it into consideration

Shakayla Byrd



Our species is so doomed.

There is absolutely nothing about any site I run that suggests I am MTV or Pimp Your Ride, or that I'm in any way affiliated with MTV. I made one post, the entire text of which was "you're going to pimp my ride," and from that, Shakayla thinks that I'm the one who determines for MTV which rides get pimped and which don't.

Sad. So sad. To be so oblivious to context. So low-functioning. Natural selection has stopped. We're all doomed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home