Swimming with the Razorfishes

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Geeks

Here is one for the geeks.

I thought one of my webhosts was down, but now I think it is something else.

Both at home and at work, I'm not able to get to bitpuddle.com; neither port 80 or 110 respond. When it started happening at work, I assumed that some jackass firewall issue. But now that I'm not able to see the site at home...hmmm.

The bitpuddle.com is hosted by warped.net. Traceroute to these two hosts consistently comes up with strangely different routes. It seems that bitpuddle.com is up, as I can load the page via a proxy and I'm getting my procmail-forwarded e-mail. I'm beginning to suspect an odd routing problem, but networking isn't my thing. How can I troubleshoot this? I don't know how to figure out whose problem it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home