Swimming with the Razorfishes

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Leopard

Some interesting things about the upcoming MacOS X release, code named Ocelot:

  • Mail.app claims to integrate with GMail. I wonder if this is something slick, or if it is plain-old POP access.
  • This "back to my mac" feature is interesting. With a .Mac account, you can effectively browse your home Mac from anywhere. That could be useful.
  • I'm excited about spaces. I never bothered to install any workspace manager on my Mac; it will be nice to have this built-in.
  • iChat's screen sharing will also be very useful. Makes me want to get my parents running the latest MacOS.

But, overall, I don't see too much exciting stuff in 10.5. I hope there are some developer goodies under the hood. Funky apis, perhaps a working version of Java 1.6?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home