Swimming with the Razorfishes

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Crackberry Notes

I have one of those Blackberry Curves. Not wanting to be a slave to the man, I'm not hooked up to a Blackberry Enterprise server; I use the plain vanilla Blackberry Internet service. It worked well enough, but it didn't really (seem to) sync with mailboxes. Until recently.

I'm not sure what happened, but the BB is now fully syncing mail in both directions. Blackberry might have updated the service, or it might have been related to the OS update I installed on the handheld, but this is much nicer now that things are really synchronizing.

Also, I recently discovered JiveTalk, IM software for the Blackberry. [there is also an iPhone version] Also really nice. It does AOL, Yahoo, Google (jabber) and a couple more. Absolutely worth $20.

I have absolutely no desire to be connected, but it is kind of cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home