Swimming with the Razorfishes

Friday, February 08, 2008

Wack

So Romney quits, and like the whackaoo that he is, releases a statement that makes us all glad he didn't come close to being elected. An excerpt:

"Europe is facing a demographic disaster. That is the inevitable product of weakened faith in the Creator, failed families, disrespect for the sanctity of human life and eroded morality."

...

And finally, let's consider the greatest challenge facing America - and facing the entire civilised world: the threat of violent, radical jihad... They hate everything we believe about freedom just as we hate everything they believe about radical jihad.

If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator Clinton or Obama would win.

And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign be a part of aiding a surrender to terror.

That is so profoundly dumb. Not even dumb; this is delusional. Frightening.

What the hell happened to the Republican party? I remember a time when there were smart Republicans. I know they are out there, somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home