Swimming with the Razorfishes

Wednesday, March 17, 2004

I was just tele-marketed by some police organization, asking for donations for some fund. I'm wondering what kind of people they get to make the phone calls.

The conversation started out like this:

Telemarketer: Hello?
Me: Hello?
Telemarketer: I know you can hear me.
Me: Hello?
Telemarketer: Hello?
Me: Hello?
Telemarketer: I know you can hear me.

This went on, and I'm not joking, for about sixty seconds. Back and forth. It only stopped because I was getting freaked out, and asked, "But can you hear me?"

Then he launched into the pitch:

"As you know, police officers have a dangerous job. Sometimes they even get killed. We hate that."
We hate that? Shouldn't these guys be working from a script?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home